Monday, March 23, 2009

There is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

David Hart can keep the attention if he talks about paint drying! That's what one person told me. Interesting that we think about ethics and paint drying in the same sentence!

We started this morning with IT problems (hint to all future CAI students -- make sure you come with your laptop ready with the proper version of Word and PowerPoint!). Those were the easy problems to fix -- what was more difficult was the LCD projector (which had a burnt out bulb and then a bad connection!). It's been a long time since I was in the classroom and I had forgotten about all the things that could go wrong!

I did enjoy David's presentation -- I learned a lot (which is good because I deal with grievances a LOT!).

Traci has already collected her first $25 for someone's cell phone going off (I am SOOOO glad it wasn't mine!). The good news is we have this caterer named Lester who brings us sodas and refills our goodie plates -- we are thankful for Lester! The solarium (our room) gets hot and then it gets cold and then...well you get the picture.

But it's all good -- this afternoon is HR and students are already into it. I promise more photos tonight! In the meantime, I loved one quote I picked up from David this morning:
There is never a wrong time to do the right thing.

How true!

No comments:

Post a Comment