Sunday, March 22, 2009

CAI has begun!


Okay, so I'm finally beginning to get it! This morning I went down to the Mezzanine level and I saw dozens and dozens and dozens and... (you get the point) of Auctioneers, milling about, talking, laughing and hugging! How cool! I got caught up in it! I wanted to find all of the Green Tags (the Year I students) I could and introduce myself and say hey! I found a whole bunch of ladies who are in Class I this year and Tracy found some as well!



I found a bunch and helped herd them down to Alumni Hall (I'm so excited because I knew where something was) for the Opening Brunch. We learned that Tim Kruse had won the Rose Award. Unfortunately he missed the presentation because he was on his way from San Antonio, but his dad Dennis was there (bringing down Tim's clothes!) and picked up the award for him. Brenden McCurdy won the Pat Massart Award and Jack Christy won the Delta award. I don't know how much Class I really understood the significance of these awards, but they will!

I also had saw lots of reconnecting that was going on -- in fact Dennis Kruse reconnected with one of his classmates from the Charter Class of CAI -- Dennis tells me he has been a member of NAA since 1964. I'm impressed!


After the brunch, there were times for class photos to be taken and then we got everyone into the room to start. I was actually able to help a couple of people connect to the wireless (Robert Mayo and Aaron Traffas, where were you when I needed you!).


Then I had to leave for the Trustees meeting. I'm sorry I left because I understand that they had a class on Active Listening -- in fact one of the Class I guys told me he was really glad that it was at the first of the week because he will now listen better! I'm sure there are staff members at NAA and certainly my husband Mike that wishes I too had been in that class!


I'm back in my room and changing clothes and heading back to Alumni Hall tonight for more fun and more connections -- this time over a gaming table. And then tomorrow, I get to start the real fun -- class with Class I at CAI! Move over Traci cause here I come!












And then I headed out to the

No comments:

Post a Comment