Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Legal issues -- I am so glad I'm not an attorney


I know this stuff is really important -- (dang is it ever) but it is sooooo hard to listen to (particularly after lunch and particularly as I look outside and see blue sky!). As an educator, how will I recommend that this class be taught so that the information is better received? We've gone over trademarks and copyrights and 990s and business set ups and....well it's been very comprehensive. Could we do this as a Jeopardy game? Could we figure out some way to make it more interactive? I'm not sure -- and frankly, maybe these students really like it (as I said the information is outstanding!).

Here's the other thing -- we started this class with the Rotary next door. So when the Rotarians finished eating, guess what we heard (bang, clang, clink, clunk -- dishes being cleared) and now it's 3:30 and the students are beginning to bowl again -- Oh, I've forgotten to write that we are right above the Student Union bowling alley! For the first two days, I thought I was hearing someone moving. I told Traci that it sounded like a bowling alley and she said that's because it is!!!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow to go to Jack's auction house and see his operation. I want to go outside!

Here's what I'm fixated on right now -- these cupcakes will be in the Fun Auction tomorrow. I'm thinking someone needs to buy them and give them to class advisors AND staff support! :)

It really IS a great experience -- I am enjoying this immensely. I'm meeting a ton of people and I'm hearing lots of stories! Tomorrow will be a hoot and Aaron -- we have big expectations for you! Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!

So, that's it for today in Bloomington, Indiana. I think I better go and listen to tax impacts and stocks and ...well you get the picture!






No comments:

Post a Comment